[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Popup menu guidelines...?

tgarman@k.gp.cs.cmu.edu (T R Garman) (11/13/90)

  This may have been asked before but...

	Does anyone know of the official guidelines for popup menus?

According to IM V they should have a one pixel drop shadow.  My boss
says he thinks they should have a little down arrow indicating a popup.

Thanks for any help, please respond via email.

T.R.

tgarman@cs.cmu.edu

               I work at CMU.  I cannot afford a signature.

bin@primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral) (11/13/90)

From article <11067@pt.cs.cmu.edu>, by tgarman@k.gp.cs.cmu.edu (T R Garman):

>   This may have been asked before but...
>
> 	Does anyone know of the official guidelines for popup menus?
>
> According to IM V they should have a one pixel drop shadow.  My boss
> says he thinks they should have a little down arrow indicating a popup.

Your boss is correct.  That change is documented in Human Interface
Notes 9.  I'd tell you where to ftp it from, except that I can't for
the life of me remember, and apple.com seems only to have 1-6.
--
Paul DuBois
dubois@primate.wisc.edu

       "If you're not a docter, you're just pants" -- Ian D., age 3 1/2

topix@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca (R. Munroe) (11/13/90)

In article <3430@uakari.primate.wisc.edu> bin@primate.wisc.edu writes:
>From article <11067@pt.cs.cmu.edu>, by tgarman@k.gp.cs.cmu.edu (T R Garman):
>>
>>   This may have been asked before but...
>>
>> 	Does anyone know of the official guidelines for popup menus?
>>
>> According to IM V they should have a one pixel drop shadow.  My boss
>> says he thinks they should have a little down arrow indicating a popup.
>
>Your boss is correct.  That change is documented in Human Interface
>Notes 9.  I'd tell you where to ftp it from, except that I can't for
>the life of me remember, and apple.com seems only to have 1-6.
>--
>Paul DuBois
>dubois@primate.wisc.edu

Try sumex-aim.stanford.edu in info-mac/tech or something like that.  Don't
know for sure if they stock HIN's but its worth a shot.

Bob Munroe
topix@utcs.utoronto.ca