[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Rotating regions?

mnowak@bushido (Michael A. Nowak) (11/14/90)

Is it possible to rotate a QuickDraw region by some arbitrary number of
degrees?  Alternatively, is the format of a region data structure more
fully described somewhere so one could write a routine to rotate a
region?  As a last resort, am I better off using a different kind of
data structure which would be easier to scale and rotate?  I need the
relatively arbitrary shape that regions can take on but I do need to be
able to scale and rotate.

Thanks for any assistance...

--
Michael Nowak
                                                           Bushido Systems

mxmora@unix.SRI.COM (Matt Mora) (11/15/90)

In article <1990Nov14.040547.184@bushido.uucp> mnowak@bushido (Michael A. Nowak) writes:
>Is it possible to rotate a QuickDraw region by some arbitrary number of
>degrees?  Alternatively, is the format of a region data structure more
>fully described somewhere so one could write a routine to rotate a
>region?  As a last resort, am I better off using a different kind of
>data structure which would be easier to scale and rotate?  I need the
>relatively arbitrary shape that regions can take on but I do need to be
>able to scale and rotate.

On Page 260 in the UMPG is Juri Munkki's excellent article on Bitmap
rotation. It also includes an explantion of the region format.

Matthew Mora                |   my Mac  Matt_Mora@sri.com
SRI International           |  my unix  mxmora@unix.sri.com