[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MacApp & Offscreen bitmaps

peirce@outpost.UUCP (Michael Peirce) (11/13/90)

Has anyone had any experience in integrating offscreen bitmaps into
MacApp based programs?

Specifically, has anyone taken the routines from DTS, their Offscreen
Unit in sample code 15, and merged it into MacApp?

Short of this, any pointers on using offscreen bit maps in general
(i.e. is the DTS sample code a good starting place or should I dive
in myself without trying to adapt the DTS code)?

-- michael

--  Michael Peirce         --   {apple,decwrl}!claris!outpost!peirce
--  Peirce Software        --   Suite 301, 719 Hibiscus Place
--  Macintosh Programming  --   San Jose, California 95117
--         and Consulting  --   (408) 244-6554

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (11/15/90)

In article <b.SKUU8G@outpost.UUCP> peirce@outpost.UUCP writes:
>Has anyone had any experience in integrating offscreen bitmaps into
>MacApp based programs?
>
>Specifically, has anyone taken the routines from DTS, their Offscreen
>Unit in sample code 15, and merged it into MacApp?
>
>Short of this, any pointers on using offscreen bit maps in general
>(i.e. is the DTS sample code a good starting place or should I dive
>in myself without trying to adapt the DTS code)?

All four versions of FracApp use offscreen bitmaps and pixmaps of their
own device. Also, MacApp has some experimental and unsupported offscreen
buffering routines that you can turn on by recompiling MacApp and using
the -pascal '-d qExperimentalAndUnsupported' command line option.

I don't know if anyone has incorporated the offscreen routines from
SC 15.

INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"Argue for your Apple, and sure enough, it's yours" - Keith Rollin, Contusions