[comp.sys.mac.programmer] System 7 patch?

MacUserLabs@cup.portal.com (Stephan - Somogyi) (11/15/90)

Has anyone spent the time to figure out how to patch System 7b1 not to
display the "this is beta software, honest" dialog?

Stephan Somogyi                          Contentedness is for sheep
MacUser

peirce@outpost.UUCP (Michael Peirce) (11/15/90)

In article <35934@cup.portal.com>, MacUserLabs@cup.portal.com (Stephan - Somogyi) writes:

> Has anyone spent the time to figure out how to patch System 7b1 not to
> display the "this is beta software, honest" dialog?

It's an INIT resource  in the system file.  I don't recall which one it is,
but it should be easy to figure out with a little experimentation...

-- michael

--  Michael Peirce         --   {apple,decwrl}!claris!outpost!peirce
--  Peirce Software        --   Suite 301, 719 Hibiscus Place
--  Macintosh Programming  --   San Jose, California 95117
--         and Consulting  --   (408) 244-6554

MacUserLabs@cup.portal.com (Stephan - Somogyi) (11/16/90)

I wrote:

> Has anyone spent the time to figure out how to patch System 7b1 not
> to display the "this is beta software, honest" dialog?

The solution is to remove INIT 12.