[comp.sys.mac.programmer] October issue of develop available?

bruner@sp15.csrd.uiuc.edu (John Bruner) (10/24/90)

I subscribed to "develop" quite some time ago, but I haven't received
an issue yet.  I assumed that I'd just missed the last quarterly issue
and that my subscription would start with the October 1990 issue.
However, I haven't received that, either.  Has it been mailed yet?  If
so, I'll have to call them up and find out what's going on; otherwise,
I'll just keep waiting.  Thanks.
--
John Bruner	Center for Supercomputing R&D, University of Illinois
	bruner@csrd.uiuc.edu		(217) 244-4476

gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (10/25/90)

-----
In article <BRUNER.90Oct24085917@sp15.csrd.uiuc.edu>, bruner@sp15.csrd.uiuc.edu (John Bruner) writes...

>I subscribed to "develop" quite some time ago, but I haven't received
>an issue yet.  I assumed that I'd just missed the last quarterly issue
>and that my subscription would start with the October 1990 issue.
>However, I haven't received that, either.  Has it been mailed yet?  If
>so, I'll have to call them up and find out what's going on; otherwise,
>I'll just keep waiting.  Thanks.

Well, I've had a subscription for a while now and haven't received the Oct
issue either.  Funny, since it's listed as available in the APDAlog.

Robert

= gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu * generic disclaimer: * "It's more fun to =
=            		         * all my opinions are *  compute"         =
=                                * mine                *  -Kraftwerk       =

lins@Apple.COM (Chuck Lins) (10/25/90)

In article <1990Oct24.183454.10667@midway.uchicago.edu> gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:
 [comments about not having received Oct Develop magazine]

I just got mine last week, so you should see it soon in your mail boxes. If
not, please give APDA or your appropriate representative a call or e-mail.
I'm looking in the last issue now... and I don't see a number to call for
subscription problems. But there is an applelink: DEV.SUBS for all subscription
and -related questions/info.

Hummm. I notice you're both from Chicago. You know an election is coming up,
don't you? And _every_ good Chicago citizen votes for Mayor Daley :-) And more
than one if possible :-)

--
Chuck Lins               | "Is this the kind of work you'd like to do?"
Apple Computer, Inc.     | -- Front 242

bruner@sp15.csrd.uiuc.edu (John Bruner) (10/25/90)

In article <45956@apple.Apple.COM> lins@Apple.COM (Chuck Lins) says
that his issue of develop has arrived and we should expect ours soon.
Thanks, Chuck!

> Hummm. I notice you're both from Chicago. You know an election is coming up,
> don't you? And _every_ good Chicago citizen votes for Mayor Daley :-) And more
> than one if possible :-)

Actually, I work at the Urbana-Champaign campus, which is considerably
south of Chicago.  (Some might say that the two are worlds apart.)
However, the only clue in my posting was the area code on my telephone
number.

I can't speak for the Chicago area, but downstate and state-wide
Illinois election campaigns are very dull compared to the massive
propaganda campaigns I was accustomed to seeing for California
ballot initiatives.
--

pasek@npdiss1.StPaul.NCR.COM (Michael A. Pasek) (10/27/90)

In <1990Oct24.183454.10667@midway.uchicago.edu> gft_robert@.uchicago.edu wrote:
>In <BRUNER.90Oct24085917@sp15.csrd.uiuc.edu> bruner@uiuc.edu (J. Bruner) wrote:
>>I subscribed to "develop" quite some time ago, but I haven't received
>>an issue yet.  I assumed that I'd just missed the last quarterly issue
>>and that my subscription would start with the October 1990 issue.
>>However, I haven't received that, either.  Has it been mailed yet?  If
>>so, I'll have to call them up and find out what's going on; otherwise,
>>I'll just keep waiting.  Thanks.
>Well, I've had a subscription for a while now and haven't received the Oct
>issue either.  Funny, since it's listed as available in the APDAlog.

Whoa! I haven't gotten the October 'develop' yet either, but on the other
hand I haven't gotten the Fall APDAlog either -- and I just renewed my APDA
membership after I didn't receive the Summer APDAlog (my membership didn't
expire until this month).  If the Fall APDAlog has been mailed, somebody
PLEASE send me e-mail.  I've got some stuff I want to order, but it's gotta
"Class 1" (it's for work). The last APDAlog I got was the Spring issue,
and the stuff I need was still "Beta" then.

M. A. Pasek               Software Development              NCR Comten, Inc.
(612) 638-7668              MNI Development               2700 N. Snelling Ave.
pasek@c10sd3.StPaul.NCR.COM                               Roseville, MN  55113

ags@seaman.cc.purdue.edu (Dave Seaman) (10/30/90)

In article <BRUNER.90Oct24085917@sp15.csrd.uiuc.edu> bruner@sp15.csrd.uiuc.edu (John Bruner) writes:
>I subscribed to "develop" quite some time ago, but I haven't received
>an issue yet.  I assumed that I'd just missed the last quarterly issue
>and that my subscription would start with the October 1990 issue.

I subscribed to "develop" in early October, and they specifically told me on
the phone that my subscription would begin with the October issue.  It's been
about three weeks, and I still haven't received it, although some other items I
ordered at the same time arrived within a week.

--
Dave Seaman
ags@seaman.cc.purdue.edu

gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (10/31/90)

-----
In article <680@npdiss1.StPaul.NCR.COM>, pasek@npdiss1.StPaul.NCR.COM (Michael A. Pasek) writes...

[ asks about Fall APDAlog since he hasn't gotten one]

Give APDA a call (800 282 APDA).   Between ADPA, TML quitting compilers, and
once having written for some material to Developer Support, I've ended up with
3 Fall APDAlogs!  :-> So they should definitely send you yours.

carl@doctor.Tymnet.COM (Carl Baltrunas) (11/06/90)

In article <BRUNER.90Oct24085917@sp15.csrd.uiuc.edu> bruner@sp15.csrd.uiuc.edu (John Bruner) writes:
>I subscribed to "develop" quite some time ago, but I haven't received
>an issue yet.
Does anyone know if it is possible to get back issues (and back CD-roms) for
all the issues of develop.  I haven't subscribed yet, but wanted to try and
take care of all of this at the same time...  Anyone else want older issues
or just me wanting to have a complete set?

-Carl

--
Carl A Baltrunas 408/922-6206|SMTP:carl@doctor.TYMNET.COM,carl@tymix.tymnet.com
BT Tymnet (Network Services) |UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!doctor!carl

pearl@remus.rutgers.edu (Starbuck) (11/06/90)

Hi!

As I understand it, (And I could be wrong, so if I am someone please
correct me)  All issues of the Develop CD-Rom have the contents of all
the previous back issues.

SO there wouldn't really be a need to get previous issues.

Steve
---
Stephen Pearl (Starbuck)    Work: (908)932-3465   Home: (908)246-3927
UUCP:  rutgers!remus.rutgers.edu!pearl   ARPA:  pearl@remus.rutgers.edu
US MAIL:  LPO 12749 CN 5064, New Brunswick, NJ 08903
QUOTES: "What is Starbuck-ing?" -Adultress 19
	"Works for me!" -Rick Hunter (The Cop, not the Robotech Defender)

bruner@sp15.csrd.uiuc.edu (John Bruner) (11/07/90)

I am very confused about the availability of the October issue of
"develop".

When I subscribed to "develop" I made the mistake of not ordering it
via APDA.  Instead, someone on the net posted the phone number of
(apparently) a subscription house for several publications.  That
number has changed (a couple of times, if the new-number intercept
recording can be believed), but currently is (800) 545-9364.

I called them early last week and was told that mailing was in
progress, so I should just wait a little longer to receive my copy.  I
called them again today, and they told me that none of the issues had
been mailed yet -- they had only just printed the mailing labels.  The
current story is that the mailings always run about a month behind.

I seem to be getting the runaround.  I distinctly recall reading in
"comp.sys.mac.programmer" that some people had received their issues
already.  (Alas, those articles have expired, so I don't know who
wrote them.)  It seems to me that those people worked at Apple, so
perhaps they had the advantage of expedited delivery...?
--

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (11/07/90)

In article <BRUNER.90Nov6112459@sp15.csrd.uiuc.edu> bruner@sp15.csrd.uiuc.edu (John Bruner) writes:
>I seem to be getting the runaround.  I distinctly recall reading in
>"comp.sys.mac.programmer" that some people had received their issues
>already.  (Alas, those articles have expired, so I don't know who
>wrote them.)  It seems to me that those people worked at Apple, so
>perhaps they had the advantage of expedited delivery...?

Certain Apple employees and Apple Partners and Associates should
already have received their copies. Apple employess have the benefit of
intercompany mail. Apple Partners and Associates have the benefit of
Apple Developer Services as a separate group responsible for mailings.

So...If you want to get "develop" before everyone else, join Apple. I
highly recommend it. And MacDTS always has openings...

INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"Argue for your Apple, and sure enough, it's yours" - Keith Rollin, Contusions

blob@Apple.COM (Brian Bechtel) (11/13/90)

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) writes:

>So...If you want to get "develop" before everyone else, join Apple. I
>highly recommend it. And MacDTS always has openings...

In that vein, see article <46503@apple.Apple.COM> in misc.jobs.offered.

--Brian Bechtel     blob@apple.com     "My opinion, not Apple's"

bruner@sp15.csrd.uiuc.edu (John Bruner) (11/17/90)

At long last, my October issue of "develop" has finally arrived.
Thanks to everyone for their input!