[comp.sys.mac.programmer] 'console' window in MPW C 3.1

kevin@mermaid.Litle.Com (kevin p burke) (11/16/90)

Being new to Mac programming in general, and all of my previous mac programming
experience being with think C, I would like to write some programs using stdin,
stdout, and stderr...but I keep getting this box saying that I cannot do that.
What is the easiest way to create a 'console' window (like that of Think C) so
I can use printf etc...

thanx in advance
-k
--
Kevin P. Burke, SysAdm/Postmaster, Litle & Co | POB C26, Hanover, NH 03755-6000
  "Just Do It."                               | +1 603 643 1832/1834

ejd@iris.brown.edu (Ed Devinney) (11/16/90)

In article <526@mermaid.Litle.Com> kevin@mermaid.Litle.Com (kevin p burke)
writes:
> Being new to Mac programming in general, and all of my previous mac
programming
> experience being with think C, I would like to write some programs using
stdin,
> stdout, and stderr...but I keep getting this box saying that I cannot do
that.
> What is the easiest way to create a 'console' window (like that of Think
C) so
> I can use printf etc...

Try making your program as a Tool.  This allows you to use the Worksheet
as a console.

ed

Ed Devinney ... ejd@iris.brown.edu ... IRIS/Brown University
- "Your brain will be electronically simplified."
     "My brain?! That's my second-favorite organ!" - Woody Allen -

Chris.Gehlker@p12.f56.n114.z1.fidonet.org (Chris Gehlker) (11/20/90)

In message <526@mermaid.Litle.Com>
kevin@mermaid.Litle.Com (kevin p burke) asks:

> Being new to Mac programming in general, and all of my previous mac
> programming experience being with think C, I would like to write some
> programs using stdin, stdout, and stderr...but I keep getting this box
> saying that I cannot do that. What is the easiest way to create a 'console'
> window (like that of Think C) so
> I can use printf etc...

If this is an MPW C question, the easisest way is just to build your
programs as tools and run them under MPW.

--
Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!56.12!Chris.Gehlker
Internet: Chris.Gehlker@p12.f56.n114.z1.fidonet.org