[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Need a "good" Pascal compiler...

HFIHC@CUNYVM (11/16/90)

Posted for <KHEHC@CUNYVM>- please send replies to this address.

Can anyone recommend a good Pascal compiler?
Especially one that allows relatively easy access to basic system functions?

Thanks in advance,
-Hoss (for KHEHC@CUNYVM)

lemke@radius.com (Steve Lemke) (11/17/90)

HFIHC@CUNYVM writes:

}Can anyone recommend a good Pascal compiler?
}Especially one that allows relatively easy access to basic system functions?

You just missed a whole thread of messages from people arguing over Turbo
Pascal and THINK Pascal.  I think the score was something like Turbo-two,
and THINK-five or more (probably hundreds more who decided that five of
us were enough to ward off the world's last two Turbo fans...  :-)
--
----- Steve Lemke, Engineering Quality Assurance, Radius Inc., San Jose -----
----- Reply to: lemke@radius.com     (Note: NEW domain-style address!!) -----

Chris.Gehlker@p12.f56.n114.z1.fidonet.org (Chris Gehlker) (11/20/90)

In message <90319.162535HFIHC@CUNYVM.BITNET>
HFIHC@CUNYVM (Hoss) asks:

> Can anyone recommend a good Pascal compiler?
> Especially one that allows relatively easy access to basic system functions?

THINK Pascal is the most popular. I think you'll like it.

--
Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!56.12!Chris.Gehlker
Internet: Chris.Gehlker@p12.f56.n114.z1.fidonet.org