[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Registered Developers

llama@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Joe Francis) (11/26/90)

In article <46491@apple.Apple.COM> keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) writes:

>I don't want anyone to get scared off by this posting. Becoming a
>"registered developer" costs only $350 or $600, depending on whether or
>not you want direct support from DTS. The other features, which both

When I first tried to become an "RD" three years ago, I was told I needed
to have already shipped a product or have one scheduled to ship within
the next 2(? can't remember) years.

What are the current requirements?  I am currently developing mac SW at
Dartmouth on a contract paid for by Apple.  We are not registered
developers (and I don't think we're going to be - don't ask me why).
Can I participate in whatever Apple is calling these services this year
(Apple Associate?  Apple Partner?  Apple Dweeb? :-) on my own?

If so, how do I do this?

Thanks for any info,
Joe Francis
DCIS Project
Dartmouth College
Hanover NH

"Read My Lips: No Nude Texans!" - George Bush clearing up a misunderstanding