[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MPW Shell 3.2b isn't 32-bit clean?

Reid Ellis <rae@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu> (11/24/90)

We've noticed that when running in 32-bit mode under System 7.0b1, the
new MPW Shell [3.2B] doesn't seem to save changes made to files.  It
goes through all the UI interaction as if it had, but when you look at
the file afterwards, it hasn't.

This is Very similar to behaviour I saw under SingleShare under System
6.  This may mean it's an AppleShare problem.  I will investigate
further about the environment [I don't *think* the person experiencing
the problem was running the Person File Sharing software at the time]

Anyone?
					Reid
--
Reid Ellis  176 Brookbanks Drive, Toronto ON, M3A 2T5 Canada
rae@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu      ||  rae%alias@csri.toronto.edu

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (11/28/90)

In article <rae.659431616@earth> Reid Ellis <rae@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu> writes:
>We've noticed that when running in 32-bit mode under System 7.0b1, the
>new MPW Shell [3.2B] doesn't seem to save changes made to files.  It
>goes through all the UI interaction as if it had, but when you look at
>the file afterwards, it hasn't.

What version of the MPW Shell are you using? 3.2b1? 3.2b3? 3.2b8? It's
pretty important. Versions previous to 3.2b3 exhibited the problem you
describe under 7.0b1. The fixed version was included on the 7.0 CD-ROM.
And I KNOW it works becuase the 7.0 Engineers use MPW, and they also
run their machines in 32-bit mode (just to prove that it can be done).

INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"Argue for your Apple, and sure enough, it's yours" - Keith Rollin, Contusions