[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MacIntalk, Think C 4.0, and a IIFx

niko@iastate.edu (Schuessler Nikolaus E) (12/01/90)

I can build a program to work with MacIntalk on my IIcx and it works fine.
When I run on it on a IIfx it plays nothing!  What could be the problem?
I'm using version 1.1.... Is there a higher version?  Where would
one be able to get the complete distribution?

Niko Schuessler               "On a two semester mission to engineer where
niko@iastate.edu               no-one has engineered before.... :-) "

d88-jwa@dront.nada.kth.se (Jon W{tte) (12/02/90)

In article <> niko@iastate.edu (Schuessler Nikolaus E) writes:

>I can build a program to work with MacIntalk on my IIcx and it works fine.
>When I run on it on a IIfx it plays nothing!  What could be the problem?

The IIfx has special I/O to take the load off the main CPU.
Most of this I/O is incompatible with the chips previously
used in macs, so many assumptions made about undocumented
parts of the machine now break. MacinTalk probably expects
to find the SCC in a fixed location where it isn't anymore.

Happy hacking,

							h+
h+@nada.kth.se
"Moof!(tm)"