[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MDEF code in Pascal

vrm@blackwater.cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu (Vasile R. Montan) (12/13/90)

I have been trying unsuccessfully to write a 'tools' MDEF and a
'patterns' MDEF in Lightspeed Pascal.  Can anyone send me some code
in Pascal?  (C code wouldn't help me, because I don't know C.)

I have written something that approxiates what I want, but:
-The 'cells' in the menu are not all drawn.  Some are left out in
no clear pattern.
-As the mouse tracks across the menu, whole sections of the menu
are highlighted in random shapes and rhythms.  Pretty soon, what
little display there is is demolished.
-No meaningful numbers are returned by the MDEF.

Thank you very much!

--Kurisuto (who is not Vasile)
email un020070@vaxa.wvnet.edu (not vrm@babcock.cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu)

siegel@endor.uucp (Rich Siegel) (12/13/90)

In article <1076@babcock.cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu> vrm@blackwater.cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu (Vasile R. Montan) writes:
>I have been trying unsuccessfully to write a 'tools' MDEF and a
>'patterns' MDEF in Lightspeed Pascal.  Can anyone send me some code
>in Pascal?  (C code wouldn't help me, because I don't know C.)

	The "ObjectDraw" sample program supplied with THINK Pascal 3.0
includes three custom MDEF routines, all written in Pascal, and all
integrated as part of the program's source (rather than as a separately
built code resource). One MDEF is for tools, one is for patterns, and
one is for colors.

	ObjectDraw also shows off some other pretty cool things, like
the fact that you can write programs in Object Pascal without using
a class library. :-) (This is a holdover from when ObjectDraw was
originally written for version 2.0 of Pascal, and there were no
class libraries to speak of...)

R.

 Rich Siegel	Symantec Languages Group  Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu

"...she's dressed in yellow, she says 'Hello, come sit next to me, you
fine fellow..."