[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Don't use MPW GCC...more info avail by e-mail

johnston@oscar.ccm.udel.edu (12/13/90)

In article <1990Dec12.203009.27532@svc.portal.com>, daven@svc.portal.com writes...
>In article <38833@nigel.ee.udel.edu> johnston@oscar.ccm.udel.edu writes:

Thanks to those of you who answered my questions concerning the acronyms
for the FSF == Free Software Foundation, GNU == "not Un*X", and
RMS == "the initials of one Richard M. Stallman".

Rather than continue a catch-up and name-that-acronym thread in this
newsgroup, I would be happy to e-mail a compilation of the gnu info
I received in response to my "What's all this then?" posting to
interested comp.sys.mac.programmer readers.  This infotext consists
mainly of FAQ postings from gnu-and-emacs-related newsgroups.

Please reply by e-mail to Bill (johnston@oscar.ccm.udel.edu)

Disclaimer:  I am just the idiot who asked, "Huh?", and am offering to
pass along information that was news to me a day ago.  I can't answer
gnu-related questions ... I am told that there exists a gnu.emacs.help
newsgroup (which is also the help-gnu-emacs mailing list) that results from
people repeatedly asking many of the same questions.  Information about
the mailing list and "gnu news" groups are contained in the text file
I mentioned above.