[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Looking for

gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (12/18/90)

-------

Hi!  I am (desparately) looking for the following article.  It is very
important to aid my understanding in a project I am working on and I have been
unable to find it. I have looked in a couple of research libraries here and
they don't have it; short of contacting the University of Arizona -- which is a
good idea but wouldn't get the article to me quickly enough -- I am at a loss.

If anyone (perhaps at the U of Arizona) by any chance has easy access to this
article and can email me a pure text (or Mac format "stuffit-ed/binhexed"
version) copy of it, I would be extremely grateful!  I know that this is not
too likely, but it's my last chance of finding it.

E.W. Myers, 'An O(ND) difference algorithm and its variations', Technical
Report
85-6,
Department of Computer Science, University of Arizona, 1985.

Thanks for any help!

Robert

= gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu * generic disclaimer: * "It's more fun to =
=            		         * all my opinions are *  compute"         =
=                                * mine                *  -Kraftwerk       =

schwartz@groucho.cs.psu.edu (Scott Schwartz) (12/18/90)

gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:

   Hi!  I am (desparately) looking for the following article.

   E.W.  Myers, 'An O(ND) difference algorithm and its variations',
   Technical Report 85-6, Department of Computer Science, University
   of Arizona, 1985.

Try in 'ALGORITHMICA (1986) 1: p251-266'.  GNU Diff implements a
pretty well tuned version of this algorithm.

Lawson.English@p88.f15.n300.z1.fidonet.org (Lawson English) (12/19/90)

gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes in a message to All

G> ------ E.W. Myers, 'An O(ND) difference algorithm and its variations',
G> Technical Report 85-6, Department of Computer Science, University
G> of Arizona, 1985.
G> -------

Dont upi think that contacting Dr. Myers directly would be the easiest way?
It seems likely that HE is the person most likely to have an uploadable copy.
Barring that, why don't you just write/call the Dept of Computer Science?
Although
actually, it is the UA Science Library that is likely to ahve a copy, unless
the Computer Science Library is much larger than I think it is...

Lawson

--
Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!300!15.88!Lawson.English
Internet: Lawson.English@p88.f15.n300.z1.fidonet.org