[comp.sys.mac.programmer] How to get and set the parameter ram

mxmora@unix.SRI.COM (Matt Mora) (12/22/90)

I wrote an fkey that sets the sound level on my mac. (That way I
don't have to go to the control panel.) It seems to be working but
I think its setting the Alarm to on. I guess I'm setting a bit that I'm
not supposed to. I can't find where the alarm bit is. Also while I'm
at it, Where is the Map information stored?

If any body has some information or code about setting the parameter
ram values, I sure would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks

Matt
Matthew Mora                |  my Mac  Matt_Mora@QM.SRI.COM
SRI International           |  my SUN   mxmora@unix.sri.com

carlton@aldebaran (Mike Carlton) (01/01/91)

In article <19387@unix.SRI.COM> mxmora@sri-unix.sri.com (Matt Mora) writes:

>I wrote an fkey that sets the sound level on my mac. (That way I
>don't have to go to the control panel.) It seems to be working but
>I think its setting the Alarm to on. I guess I'm setting a bit that I'm
>not supposed to. I can't find where the alarm bit is. Also while I'm
>at it, Where is the Map information stored?
>

>If any body has some information or code about setting the parameter
>ram values, I sure would appreciate hearing from you.
>Matthew Mora                |  my Mac  Matt_Mora@QM.SRI.COM

I wrote the following FKEY code a couple of years ago to switch the volume
on my mac.  It toggles between volume 0 and 1 and then beeps at the new
volume.  The change is not saved across shutdowns (I prefer to have sound
always off and only toggle it on when needed).  Just compile and use
resedit to insert the resulting FKEY.

void main(void);
void main()
{
	register SysPPtr sysparam;
	short volume;

	GetSoundVol(&volume);
	if (volume)
		volume = 0;
	else volume = 1;
	SetSoundVol(volume);
	sysparam = GetSysPPtr();
	sysparam->volClik = (sysparam->volClik & 0xF8FF) | (volume << 8);

	SysBeep(1);
}

Cheers,
--mike
Mike Carlton	carlton@cs.berkeley.edu

Chris.Gehlker@p12.f56.n114.z1.fidonet.org (Chris Gehlker) (01/04/91)

LE> Thanks mucho! for that FKEY on setting the volume. Which vol
LE> and where in IM should I look for furthor information?

The Operating System Utilities Chapter and the Sound Driver Chapter.

--
Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!56.12!Chris.Gehlker
Internet: Chris.Gehlker@p12.f56.n114.z1.fidonet.org