[comp.sys.mac.programmer] What Technical Note

gaines@mars.njit.edu (Michael E. Gaines) (01/01/91)

Hi,
	Until my bookstore gets IM IV, I'd like to DL the tech notes for
the file manager. Can someone tell me which one(s) they are?

							Mike

Lawson.English@p88.f15.n300.z1.fidonet.org (Lawson English) (01/03/91)

Michael E. Gaines writes in a message to All

MEG> Hi,  Until my bookstore gets IM IV, I'd like to DL the tech notes
MEG> for the file manager. Can someone tell me which one(s) they are?
MEG>
MEG>  Mike

If you can get it, just get the TechNotes Stack.

Lawson

--
Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!300!15.88!Lawson.English
Internet: Lawson.English@p88.f15.n300.z1.fidonet.org

topix@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca (R. Munroe) (01/06/91)

In article <34037.27833A54@stjhmc.fidonet.org> Lawson.English@p88.f15.n300.z1.fidonet.org (Lawson English) writes:
>Michael E. Gaines writes in a message to All
>
>MEG> Hi,  Until my bookstore gets IM IV, I'd like to DL the tech notes
>MEG> for the file manager. Can someone tell me which one(s) they are?
>MEG>
>MEG>  Mike
>
>If you can get it, just get the TechNotes Stack.
>
>Lawson

Just for posterity:

24  - Available Volumes
66  - Determining Which File System is Active
67  - Finding the "Blessed Folder"
68  - Searching All Directories on an HFS Volume
69  - Setting ioFDirIndex in PBGetCatInfo Calls
77  - HFS Ruminations
81  - Caching
87  - Error in FCBPBRec
94  - Tags
102 - HFS Elucidations
106 - The Real Story: VCBs and Drive Numbers
107 - Nulls in Filenames
108 - _AddDrive, _DrvrInstall, and DrvrRemove
130 - Clearing ioCompletion
140 - Why PBHSetVol is Dangerous
157 - Problem with GetVInfo
179 - Setting ioNamePtr in File Manager Calls
186 - PBLock/UnlockRange
190 - Working Directories and MultiFinder
204 - HFS Tidbits
218 - New High-Level File Manager Calls
226 - Moving Your Cat
238 - Getting a Full Pathname
246 - Mixing HFS and C File I/O

Hint: Download Tech Note #0.  It contains Tech Note indices itemized by number
and subject.

Bob Munroe
topix@utcs.utoronto.ca