[comp.sys.mac.programmer] TechNotes Stack

rang@cpsin3.cps.msu.edu (Anton Rang) (05/30/89)

I finally got around to downloading the TechNotes stack (having just
acquired a hard disk so I could use it :-), and played around with it
a bit over the weekend.
  All I can say is "Wow!".  Great job, Apple!  (Now I just need more
memory so I can run HyperCard and LSC at the same time!)  Will we be
seeing updates to this periodically?  Where will they be available
from, if so?

			Anton

+---------------------------+------------------------+
| Anton Rang (grad student) | "VMS Forever!"         |
| Michigan State University | rang@cpswh.cps.msu.edu |
+---------------------------+------------------------+

jamesm@sco.COM (James M. Moore) (06/01/89)

Is there a way to request this from an archive somewhere using mail?
I don't have a way to ftp out to sumex from here.

Thanks,

--

		James Moore
			jamesm@sco.com

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (06/01/89)

In article <3198@cps3xx.UUCP> rang@cpswh.cps.msu.edu (Anton Rang) writes:
>I finally got around to downloading the TechNotes stack (having just
>acquired a hard disk so I could use it :-), and played around with it
>a bit over the weekend.
>  All I can say is "Wow!".  Great job, Apple!  (Now I just need more
>memory so I can run HyperCard and LSC at the same time!)  Will we be
>seeing updates to this periodically?  Where will they be available
>from, if so?

Updates are quarterly at this point.  If we can work with our mailing
and duplication deadlines, we might get it down to the same month that
new Notes are released.  Currently updates are available via the Developer
Mailing, AppleLink, and APDA, as well as on the nets after these three
channels get it.  We are still working on it, so any suggestions are
appreciated.

Mark B. Johnson                                            AppleLink: mjohnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.         UUCP:  {amdahl,decwrl,sun,unisoft}!apple!mjohnson

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_

d88-jwa@dront.nada.kth.se (Jon W{tte) (10/20/90)

Just a question: what is the status of the TechNotes stack ?

I have 3.2.1 which is beginning to feel rather old (TN # 261)
but I haven't found anything newer on apple.apple.com...

Thanx for any info,

							h+
h+@nada.kth.se
"Moof!(tm)"

u2zj@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (Stanton Loh) (10/25/90)

Hi,

Has anyone else successfully ftp'd the tech notes stack from
apple.com?  I cannot unbinhex the stack file (crc error).
I have no problem unbinhexing the individual tech notes file,
though.

-Stanton Loh
u2zj@vax5.cit.cornell.edu

ric@cs.arizona.edu (Ric Anderson) (01/04/91)

Is there a newer version of the TechNotes Stack, than the January,
1990 version I picked up a year ago?  I checked apple.com, but that
was all they had also.  Is this stack no longer being updated, or
has the distribution method changed?

Thanks,
Ric

Ric Anderson                    Bitnet: Ric@Arizrvax
Member of the Technical Staff   Internet: ric@cs.arizona.edu
University of Arizona           UUCP: uunet!arizona!ric
Department of Computer Science  AT&T: (602) 621-4048
Gould-Simpson Room 721
Tucson, Arizona 85721

Lawson.English@p88.f15.n300.z1.fidonet.org (Lawson English) (01/07/91)

I believe that I got a copy from a friend who got it off of the developer's
CD  that is from March '90 or there abouts.  If you live in Tucson, why aren't

you a memeber of TAC and the Macintosh Programmer's SIG? Voice Mail (795-3258)

for more info...

Lawson

--
Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!300!15.88!Lawson.English
Internet: Lawson.English@p88.f15.n300.z1.fidonet.org