[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Popup Menus

jeffb@cs.fau.edu (Jeffrey Boser) (01/07/91)

I have read (dont exactly remember where) that one of the new HIN
guidelines recommends a downward arrow (like the one at the bottom of a
scrolling menu) to designate a Popup Menu.

Does anybody have any information on generating this little arrow?  I
looked in the Chicago font, and it was not there.

I need it to designate it a popup menu without a name.  Currently I am
using a Pict.

.....Jeff
thanks in advance for any help

kazim@Apple.COM (Alex Kazim) (01/08/91)

In article <iPDDV2w163w@cs.fau.edu> jeffb@cs.fau.edu (Jeffrey Boser) writes:
>I have read (dont exactly remember where) that one of the new HIN
>guidelines recommends a downward arrow (like the one at the bottom of a
>scrolling menu) to designate a Popup Menu.
>
>Does anybody have any information on generating this little arrow?  I
>looked in the Chicago font, and it was not there.

A pict is a good way to go, except that it's drawn in one color.  If you
want the arrow to be drawn in the same color as the menu text, it gets to
be a bit of a pain.  You could also use a FillPoly.

Alex Kazim, Apple Computer
Who Cares