[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MacTech Journal dead?

ldo@waikato.ac.nz (Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Waikato University) (01/10/91)

I've been trying for a few months to renew my subscription to the
MacTech Journal (formerly MacTech Quarterly), but I could never
get any reply to my faxes. Finally today I tried phoning them,
and was told that the number had been disconnected.

I already had the suspicion that the TechAlliance people might be
going out of business, until I saw somebody post to this newsgroup
not so long ago that they'd received a Winter '91 issue of the
MacTech Journal. (The last issue I've got is Autumn '90.)

Would anybody else like to comment on what the situation is?
Much appreciated.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro                       fone: +64-71-562-889
Computer Services Dept                     fax: +64-71-384-066
University of Waikato            electric mail: ldo@waikato.ac.nz
Hamilton, New Zealand    37^ 47' 26" S, 175^ 19' 7" E, GMT+13:00
Canberra bookseller's catalogue on Sir Richard Hadlee's book,
Rhythm and Swing: "The autobiography of New Zealand's greatest
cricketer, which probably makes this the most boring, unsaleable
book in our warehouse."

daven@svc.portal.com (01/13/91)

In article <1991Jan10.113116.2653@waikato.ac.nz> ldo@waikato.ac.nz (Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Waikato University) writes:
>I've been trying for a few months to renew my subscription to the
>MacTech Journal (formerly MacTech Quarterly), but I could never
>get any reply to my faxes. Finally today I tried phoning them,
>and was told that the number had been disconnected.
>
>I already had the suspicion that the TechAlliance people might be
>going out of business, until I saw somebody post to this newsgroup
>not so long ago that they'd received a Winter '91 issue of the
>MacTech Journal. (The last issue I've got is Autumn '90.)

They are still alive and well from what I can tell. They have a booth
at MacWorld Expo in S.F., and one of my co-workers picked up their
lastest issue.

Dave Newman       | daven@sv.portal.com |   "Hacking only works so far before
Software Ventures | AOL: MicroPhone     |    the tree begins to fall."
Berkeley, CA      | AppleLink: D0025    |     - Rush Drake