[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Source code to dump Mac object file records?

shite@unf7.UUCP (Stephen Hite) (01/10/91)

  Is there something publicly available (at an ftp site) with source code to
dump the records of a Mac object module?  Also, are there any docs available
that actually tell how to link these object files together to form a
launchable application?

  I do have MPW C 3.1 and the object module format spec.  However, if a dump
util has been written I don't see a point in reinventing it.  Thanks for the
pointers.

  I'm thinking of porting the freely distributable Amiga PDS C compiler and
assundry tools to the Mac as a learning experience.

---------------------------------------
Steve Hite
Internet: shite@sinkhole.unf.edu
UUCP:     ...gatech!uflorida!unf7!shite

ksand@Apple.COM (Kent Sandvik) (01/14/91)

In article <341@unf7.UUCP> shite@unf7.UUCP (Stephen Hite) writes:

>  Is there something publicly available (at an ftp site) with source code to
>dump the records of a Mac object module?  Also, are there any docs available
>that actually tell how to link these object files together to form a
>launchable application?
>
>  I do have MPW C 3.1 and the object module format spec.  However, if a dump
>util has been written I don't see a point in reinventing it.  Thanks for the
>pointers.

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but do you have use of the MPW tools such as
dumpobj (dumps object files)
dumpcode (dumps CODE resources)
dumpfile (dumps anything in the file)
dumpsym (dumps SYM file information)

Regards,
Kent Sandvik

--
Kent Sandvik, Apple Computer Inc, Developer Technical Support
NET:ksand@apple.com, AppleLink: KSAND  DISCLAIMER: Private mumbo-jumbo