[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Default Fonts in Think C

dmmg1176@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (David M Marcovitz) (01/16/91)

I got a nice new font to use while writing programs in Think C.  I'd
like to set it as my default font.  In the Think C 4.0 manual (p. 98)
it talks about how to do this using ResEdit (I have version 1.2) to
edit the CNFG 0 resource in the Think C application.  Unfortunately,
I'm not familiar enough with ResEdit to do this.  I can open up the
CNFG 0 resource with ResEdit, but I can't figure out what to change.
Help.  Thanks.

--
David M. Marcovitz                     |  internet: marcovitz@uiuc.edu
Computer-based Education Research Lab  |            dmmg1176@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu

dmmg1176@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (David M Marcovitz) (01/17/91)

dmmg1176@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (David M Marcovitz) writes:

>I got a nice new font to use while writing programs in Think C.  I'd
>like to set it as my default font.  In the Think C 4.0 manual (p. 98)
>it talks about how to do this using ResEdit (I have version 1.2) to
>edit the CNFG 0 resource in the Think C application.  Unfortunately,
>I'm not familiar enough with ResEdit to do this.  I can open up the
>CNFG 0 resource with ResEdit, but I can't figure out what to change.
>Help.  Thanks.

I figured it out.

(1) Use ResEdit to look at your system's font file.  Edit the FOND
resource to find the number of the font you want to use.

(2) Use ResEdit to edti the THINK C application.  Open the CNFG 0
resource.

(3) Convert the number you found in (1) into HEX.  For example, my
font's number was 200 in the FOND file so I needed to use C8.

(4) Replace the 2nd word (2nd set of 0000) with this HEX number (00C8
in my case).

(5) Replace the 3rd word with a font size that your system has in the
font you are using.  I wanted 9 point so I put 0009 into the 3rd word.

(6) Save the file and quit ResEdit.

If you do this correctly, all NEW files will use the font you
specified.  All existing files will still use the old default font
unless you change that manually.