[comp.sys.mac.programmer] How to do Tabs with TextEdit?

pfluegerm@alpine.UUCP (Mike Pflueger) (01/16/91)

Is there a way to do tabs (i.e. tabulate the text) in TextEdit?
Will there be in 7.0?

I'm large blocks of output to a window with TextEdit, and I want
to arrange the output in tab separated fields so the output is in
centered columns.  I don't want to use a fixed width font and spaces.

For example (centered tabs):

Has anyone done this?  Any ideas?  Will TextEdit in 7.0 do it?

Thanks in advance.
--
Mike Pflueger @ AG Communication Systems (formerly GTE Comm. Sys.), Phoenix, AZ
  UUCP: {...!ames!ncar!noao!asuvax | uunet!hrc | att}!gtephx!pfluegerm

mandel@vax.anes.tulane.edu (Jeff E Mandel MD MS) (01/17/91)

In article <4f3a0f50.14891@alpine.UUCP> pfluegerm@alpine.UUCP (Mike Pflueger)
writes:
>Is there a way to do tabs (i.e. tabulate the text) in TextEdit?
>Will there be in 7.0?
>
>I'm large blocks of output to a window with TextEdit, and I want
>to arrange the output in tab separated fields so the output is in
>centered columns.  I don't want to use a fixed width font and spaces.
>
>For example (centered tabs):

>Has anyone done this?  Any ideas?  Will TextEdit in 7.0 do it?

As I recall, a number of us at the "Bash Apple" session at MacHack were really
high on tabs being a needed feature in the TextEdit package. Maybe it is time
for us all to 'Link Jordan about this, eh?

JEM