[comp.sys.mac.programmer] weird bug

jeffb@cs.fau.edu (Jeffrey Boser) (01/16/91)

I am using THINK C 4.x, and am experiencing weird crashes.

during a routine to detect double clicks in the content region of
a window, the weirdest crash happens:  the mac freezes up, mouse stops,
and when i press the interrupt switch to get into TMON a couple of tones
come from the speaker (not junk tones, nice ones) in a repetitive cycle.

anybody ever have this happen before?

.....Jeff

emmayche@dhw68k.cts.com (Mark Hartman) (01/17/91)

In article <es0uV1w163w@cs.fau.edu> jeffb@cs.fau.edu (Jeffrey Boser) writes:
>I am using THINK C 4.x, and am experiencing weird crashes.
>
>during a routine to detect double clicks in the content region of
>a window, the weirdest crash happens:  the mac freezes up, mouse stops,
>and when i press the interrupt switch to get into TMON a couple of tones
>come from the speaker (not junk tones, nice ones) in a repetitive cycle.
>
>anybody ever have this happen before?
>
>.....Jeff

This is a general indication of memory failure.  Re-seat your SIMMs, and try
again (this will correct well over half of these occurrences).  If this
doesn't work, there's a way to tell from the tones which part of your memory
is failing - but I forget what it is off the bat.

If reseating the SIMMs doesn't work, use your AppleCare (you DO have AppleCare?)
and get the box serviced.

--
Mark Hartman, N6BMO           "What are you just standing there for?  Where
Applelink: N1083 or BINARY.TREE      do you think you are, DIS-ney World??"