[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Flower-power on the si

pepke@gw.scri.fsu.edu (Eric Pepke) (01/17/91)

The documentation that came with my new si asserts that flower-power on
the keyboard will generate an interrupt like the physical programmers'
switch on the older models.  It seems to do no such thing either with
MacsBug 6.0 or Think C 4.0 with debugger.  Control-flower-power does,
however, reset the machine.  Is there some sort of magic I have to do with
the system to get it to recognize this?  It did not work with the vanilla
si system (6.0.7, I think) installed from the supplied disks.

Eric Pepke                                    INTERNET: pepke@gw.scri.fsu.edu
Supercomputer Computations Research Institute MFENET:   pepke@fsu
Florida State University                      SPAN:     scri::pepke
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4052                    BITNET:   pepke@fsu

Disclaimer: My employers seldom even LISTEN to my opinions.
Meta-disclaimer: Any society that needs disclaimers has too many lawyers.

austin@spies.sf-bay.org (Glenn Austin) (01/17/91)

In article <1934@sun13.scri.fsu.edu> pepke@gw.scri.fsu.edu (Eric Pepke) writes:
>The documentation that came with my new si asserts that flower-power on
>the keyboard will generate an interrupt like the physical programmers'
>switch on the older models.  It seems to do no such thing either with
>MacsBug 6.0 or Think C 4.0 with debugger.  Control-flower-power does,
>however, reset the machine.  Is there some sort of magic I have to do with
>the system to get it to recognize this?  It did not work with the vanilla
>si system (6.0.7, I think) installed from the supplied disks.

You need the appropriate debugger.  MacsBug 6.1 (6.2?) supports the debugger
keystroke on the si (and classic).  I also hacked Programmer's Key to
recognize the classic's keyboard so that I could use TMON, personally.

| Glenn L. Austin               | "Turn too soon, run out of room,          |
| Auto Racing Enthusiast and    |   Turn too late, much better fate"        |
|   Macintosh Wizard            |   - Jim Russell Racing School Instructors |