[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MoreMasters

siegel@endor.uucp (Rich Siegel) (01/21/91)

In article <1049@lclark.UUCP> dan@lclark.UUCP (Dan Revel) writes:
>When I call MoreMasters how many masters will I get?
>(The best I can get from IM is 'a block of masters')
>How many do I need?

	Inside Macintosh II-22:

	"The moreMast" field of the zone record tells the memory manager
how many master pointers at a time to preallocate for this zone. Note:
Master Pointers are allocated 32 at a time for the system zone and 64 at
a time for the application zone; this may be different on future versions
of the Macintosh."

As of now, it's still 64 free master pointers for the application zone
per call to MoreMasters.

R.

 Rich Siegel	Symantec Languages Group  Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu

"...she's dressed in yellow, she says 'Hello, come sit next to me, you
fine fellow..."