[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Printing to the Printer In MicroSoft Basic

ian@umiami.ir.miami.edu (01/26/91)

Heres a little question about Microsoft Quick Basic....Does anyone know
how make output go to the printer...or perhaps some kind of Lprint command
Thanx--
Scruffy
Ian Sullivan
**                             %   "Would that love were such a thing        **
**ian@umiami.ir.miami.edu      %    that one could hold, see or touch        **
**                             %    and perhaps squash the life out of"      **
**UUU    UMUMMM     MMMMMM     %    -Anonymous                               **
**UUU    UMU MMM   MMM MMM     %                                             **
**uUU    UMU  MMM MMM  MMM     %   "Life's been good to me so far..." -J.W.  **
**UUUUUUUUMUof MMMMM   MMM     %   "Give it a while." -Me.                   **

mxmora@unix.SRI.COM (Matt Mora) (01/26/91)

In article <1991Jan25.121622.7673@umiami.ir.miami.edu> ian@umiami.ir.miami.edu writes:
>Heres a little question about Microsoft Quick Basic....Does anyone know
>how make output go to the printer...or perhaps some kind of Lprint command

LPRINT does send the output to the printer, could you be more specific?

If you want to print a page at a time and be more Mac like, then you have to
open the printer like a file and send all you output to the special window
statement.

For Example:

OPEN "O", #1,"LPT1:PROMPT"  'Open the printer port
WINDOW OUTPUT #1            'send all drawing commands to the printer
' Draw you stuff here
WINDOW CLOSE 1              'Close the port
CLOSE #1                    'Close the file. Printing begins here

Matthew Mora                |  my Mac  Matt_Mora@QM.SRI.COM
SRI International           |  my SUN   mxmora@unix.sri.com