[comp.sys.mac.programmer] How do you tell when the user changes printers?

jcocon@hubcap.clemson.edu (james c oconnor) (01/24/91)

How do you tell from your printing code when the user changes chooser
printers?  I'd like to warn the user that the printer has changed since
his last "page setup" and defaults are being used.

Sorry, my Inide Mac is on order, or I'm sure this would be an easy
question for me to answer myself.

Thanks,
Jim

rdclark@Apple.COM (Richard Clark) (01/26/91)

jcocon@hubcap.clemson.edu (james c oconnor) writes:

>How do you tell from your printing code when the user changes chooser
>printers?  I'd like to warn the user that the printer has changed since
>his last "page setup" and defaults are being used.

Jim --

  Just call PRValidate (which takes a handle to the printing info record)
before you start printing. It returns TRUE if the recore had to be changed
to accomodate a change in printers.

  (It's in volume II, page 158 of Inside Macintosh. See also Tech Note #160.)

--
-----------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Richard Clark                | "If you don't know where you're going,
Richard Clark                | "If you don't know where you're going,
Instructor/Designer          |  don't go there" -- John Sybalsky
Apple Developer University   +-------------------------------------------------
AppleLink, GEnie: rdclark     Internet: rdclark@apple.com      CI$: 71401, 2071
SnailMail: Apple Computer / 20525 Mariani Ave. MS 75-6U / Cupertino, CA / 95014

Lawson.English@p88.f15.n300.z1.fidonet.org (Lawson English) (01/28/91)

james c oconnor writes in a message to All

JCO> Sorry, my Inide Mac is on order, or I'm sure this would be an
JCO> easy question for me to answer myself.

Oh, have you got a big surprise coming...

Lawson

--
Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!300!15.88!Lawson.English
Internet: Lawson.English@p88.f15.n300.z1.fidonet.org