[comp.sys.mac.programmer] THINK C Class Libraries

rick@claris.com (Rick Boarman) (01/23/91)

In the spirit of OOP, does anyone know of an archive site for Classes?
I'd be interested in swapping sample code as I'm in the process of learning
the libraries and any additional sample code would help tons.

Thanks in advance,
Rick

--
* Rick Boarman   *   UUCP:      {ames,apple,portal,sun,voder}!claris!rick
* Claris Corp.   *   Internet:  rick@claris.com

wes@arco.com (Wes Monroe) (01/23/91)

In article <11408@claris.com> rick@claris.com (Rick Boarman) writes:
>In the spirit of OOP, does anyone know of an archive site for Classes?
>I'd be interested in swapping sample code as I'm in the process of learning
>the libraries and any additional sample code would help tons.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Rick
>
>--
>* Rick Boarman   *   UUCP:      {ames,apple,portal,sun,voder}!claris!rick
>* Claris Corp.   *   Internet:  rick@claris.com
>*                *   AppleLink: Boarman
>Opinions are mine alone and do not reflect Claris policy.

You may already know this, but there is a "journal" for TCL
called Prepare(), which is publishes gobs of code.  So far
they've had classes for a powerful text editor (32K lines
vs 32K chars), sensors, finite state machines, and much much
more.  The last issue showed a preview of a view editor
(similar to ViewEdit for MacApp if you've seen it), which
is incrediably useful for creating your Windows and Dialogs.

The kicker is that it is expensive, not the good old PD stuff
your looking for.  It costs 500 smackers/6 issues which will
be about 2 years worth.  The "journal" is distributed as
source, and the primary tool for paroosing the info is the
Prepare() browser (source code included of course).

If the company would spring for it, I'd highly recomment it.

Cheers,

Wes

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (01/29/91)

In article <1991Jan23.150941.3802@Arco.COM> wes@arco.com (Wes Monroe) writes:
>In article <11408@claris.com> rick@claris.com (Rick Boarman) writes:
>>In the spirit of OOP, does anyone know of an archive site for Classes?
>>I'd be interested in swapping sample code as I'm in the process of learning
>>the libraries and any additional sample code would help tons.
>>
>You may already know this, but there is a "journal" for TCL
>called Prepare(), which is publishes gobs of code.  So far
>they've had classes for a powerful text editor (32K lines
>vs 32K chars), sensors, finite state machines, and much much
>more.  The last issue showed a preview of a view editor
>(similar to ViewEdit for MacApp if you've seen it), which
>is incrediably useful for creating your Windows and Dialogs.
>
>The kicker is that it is expensive, not the good old PD stuff
>your looking for.  It costs 500 smackers/6 issues which will
>be about 2 years worth.  The "journal" is distributed as
>source, and the primary tool for paroosing the info is the
>Prepare() browser (source code included of course).

There is also the MacApp Developer's Association. For your $75 annual
membership fee, you get their hotline and a bi-monthly magazine
called FrameWorks, which talks about various aspects of OO Design, and
usually has an article or two on some reusable class. You can also
order MacApp Goodies disks that come with working classes and sample
applications. Finally, there is the annual MADA developers conferences,
where MacApp developers get together and jam on all of this stuff for 5
days.

You can contact MADA at:

MacApp Developer's Association
P.O. Box 23
Everett, WA 98206
(206) 252-6946
AppleLink: MADA
E-Mail: MADA@AppleLink.Apple.COM

INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"Argue for your Apple, and sure enough, it's yours" - Keith Rollin, Contusions