[comp.sys.mac.programmer] XTNDs -- using and developing

tleaming@taurus.es.com (Taylor Leaming) (01/31/91)

I'm looking for information on using XTNDs which are sometimes included
in software packages.  I'm also interested in writing my own.

Does anyone know where a I might look to obtain information about XTNDs?
Also, does someone has some examples of developing/using them?

Taylor Leaming
tleaming@taurus.es.com
esunix!sim.dnet!tleaming@cs.utah.edu
Evans & Sutherland Computer Corp.

peirce@outpost.UUCP (Michael Peirce) (02/01/91)

In article <1991Jan31.151723.5439@javelin.es.com>, tleaming@taurus.es.com (Taylor Leaming) writes:

> I'm looking for information on using XTNDs which are sometimes included
> in software packages.  I'm also interested in writing my own.
>
> Does anyone know where a I might look to obtain information about XTNDs?
> Also, does someone has some examples of developing/using them?

I assume you're talking at Claris' XTND file import/export stuff.

They have a developers kit available that I believe includes sample
code written in THINK-C.

Give them a call, their main number is (408) 987-7000.

-- michael

--  Michael Peirce         --   outpost!peirce@claris.com
--  Peirce Software        --   Suite 301, 719 Hibiscus Place
--  Macintosh Programming  --   San Jose, California 95117
--           & Consulting  --   (408) 244-6554, AppleLink: PEIRCE

skip@clarisii.claris.com (Brian Schipper) (02/02/91)

tleaming@taurus.es.com (Taylor Leaming) writes:
>I'm looking for information on using XTNDs which are sometimes included
>in software packages.  I'm also interested in writing my own.

>Does anyone know where a I might look to obtain information about XTNDs?
>Also, does someone has some examples of developing/using them?

You can get information on XTND by writing to XTND@claris.com.  I've already
forwarded your request to them but I wanted to let others know about the
address.

--
Internet: skip@claris.com                 AppleLink: SCHIPPER1