[comp.sys.mac.programmer] PICTs

rubin@mead.UUCP (Daniel Rubin) (08/31/90)

So you are in ResEdit and you have got this neat little cube of graphics
about 1 inch by 1 inch pasted in the scrapbook.

How do you get it pasted to the current window in your program ?

The problem that I am having is pulling the text in a PICT and knowing
how big to make a rect to draw it in, I think ????

When I copy that image from the scrapbook to the PICT resource does it
grab the whole screen even though there is only a little tiny piece of
graphics in there..

I guess I am confusing myself... If anybody could show me the light I
would really appreciate it... If it is really conplex and I have to figure
it out on my own, OK.  It just seems like I am on the wrong path to a simple
problem .?.?.?.?.        :-O (ooo noo its Mr Bill.) :-O

Thanks in advance for any help..			- Dan Rubin

b_murphy@vaxa.cc.uwa.oz.au (09/04/90)

In article <1262@meaddata.mead.UUCP>, rubin@mead.UUCP (Daniel Rubin) writes:
> So you are in ResEdit and you have got this neat little cube of graphics
> about 1 inch by 1 inch pasted in the scrapbook.
>
> How do you get it pasted to the current window in your program ?
>
> The problem that I am having is pulling the text in a PICT and knowing
> how big to make a rect to draw it in, I think ????
>
> When I copy that image from the scrapbook to the PICT resource does it
> grab the whole screen even though there is only a little tiny piece of
> graphics in there..

I assume you mean that the PICT rect that you want to display in a DITL is
the wrong size. ResEdit has a menu item 'Use rsrc rect' (or something of the
sort :-) If you select your DITL and then the menu, presto... the PICT will
appear unscaled, the original size.

-o

ts@cup.portal.com (Tim W Smith) (09/05/90)

In article <1262@meaddata.mead.UUCP>, rubin@mead.UUCP (Daniel Rubin) writes:
> So you are in ResEdit and you have got this neat little cube of graphics
> about 1 inch by 1 inch pasted in the scrapbook.

Cube of graphics?  I didn't know ResEdit could handle 3d!?

						Tim Smith

ps: :-), of course.

nortond@lonexb.radc.af.mil (Douglas A. Norton) (02/02/91)

!!!! Could anyone who answers this plea please either email or
     use comp.sys.mac.programmer !!!!

Can someone help me?  I want to read a gray scale PICT file and use the
resulting bit map from my offscreen.  I can do all that up to a certain
point; these two cases are the closest I can get:

1- All the colors are displayed correctly but the intesities are backwards
ie 255-p(x,y)
2- All the colors are displayed correctly and all the numbers but 0&255 are
correct.  In this case black is 255 and white is 0

What I want is white(255)..(1)gray(254)..(255)black.  I've tried to make
my own off screen device and it works the way I want, that is until I make
a PICT from that bitmap with CopyBits and print that PICT on a LaserWriter
using the 6.0.2 driver.  Everything prints correct but black and white are
switched. But if I store that same PICT to a file or clipboard and read it
into another program it displays correctly but when that program prints it
it prints the same as my application.

I hope someone can help me...Thanks

Doug Norton
Rome Laboratory