[comp.sys.mac.programmer] How do I Edit CURS 1

kiran@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (kiran wagle) (02/05/91)

I recently tried to edit the I-beam cursor in my system file using
ResEdit 2.0b2. I changed the cursor so it had a cross-hair at the hot spot.
My word proccer, Nisus (powerful but quirky) has a veritcal ruler & I needed
a cross-hair for accurate positioning. Since i found no i-beam in Nisus, I
went to the system & edited the CURS resource. But--nothing happened!
I checked the finder & no i-beam there (likewise the desktop).

So--what do i have to do to get my cross-haired i-beam to appear somewhere
other than in the system's CURS resource (yes, i saved my changes before
quitting ResEdit)

???
Thanks in advance,
--
		--kiran___________________________kiran@copper.ucs.indiana.edu

"There may be two people in the world		Kiran Wagle
who agree with each other on everything,	405 E. 8th St. #7
but *I* am not one of them...."			Bloomington, IN 47408-3788
		--David Friedman		(812) 331-1710

mlab2@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (02/06/91)

In article <kiran.665741353@copper>, kiran@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (kiran wagle) writes:
> So--what do i have to do to get my cross-haired i-beam to appear somewhere
> other than in the system's CURS resource (yes, i saved my changes before
> quitting ResEdit)
>
> ???
> Thanks in advance,
> --
> 		--kiran___________________________kiran@copper.ucs.indiana.edu

Perhaps the I-beam has gone ROM.  Couldn't you put a CURS resource into Nisus
with the same ID as the I-Beam?  I have been led to believe the Apps resource
is checked before others.

john calhoun