[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Is it OK to ask System 7.0 programming questions in pub. forum?

gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (opcode ranger) (02/02/91)

--

Is it OK to post any and all System 7.0 programming questions here?  I'm
working with 7 on a project, but as far as I know it's under non-disclosure.  I

Robert

= gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu * generic disclaimer: * "It's more fun to =
=            		         * all my opinions are *  compute"         =
=                                * mine                *  -Kraftwerk       =

jln@casbah.acns.nwu.edu (John Norstad) (02/04/91)

In article <11957@goofy.Apple.COM> Greg@AppleLink.Apple.Com (Greg
Marriott) writes:

> The restrictions on 7.0 betas involve demonstrating it in public, and
> bugging DTS with questions about it.  Developers are encouraged to
> discuss 7.0 with each other and ask questions in forums like this one.
> Someone from Apple might even answer them :) :) :)
>
> Ask away!

Hi Greg, you meanie you (and blue at that :-)

You asked for it, so here's a question that's been bugging me...

Northwestern University is part of the Apple University Consortium, and as
such we are entitled to "Partner" status.  As our official technical
representative, I get all the Partner technical mailings.  In particular,
I've been getting all the 7.0 stuff, including the 7.0b1 "Beta Bang" CD.

Lot of people in the university have been bugging me for copies of various
pieces of 7.0 - copies of the system itself, copies of all or part of the
beta draft of Inside Mac vol. VI, etc.

I know that I can't redistribute this stuff outside the university or give
public demos of it.  But is it OK for me to redistribute it within the
university and give demos within the university?

I know this is really a question for an Apple lawyer, not for a nice guy
like you.  But maybe you can help anyway.

John Norstad
Academic Computing and Network Services
Northwestern University
jln@casbah.acns.nwu.edu

Greg@AppleLink.Apple.Com (Greg Marriott) (02/09/91)

In article <3154@casbah.acns.nwu.edu>, jln@casbah.acns.nwu.edu (John Norstad) writes:
> I know that I can't redistribute this stuff outside the university or give
> public demos of it.  But is it OK for me to redistribute it within the
> university and give demos within the university?
>
> I know this is really a question for an Apple lawyer, not for a nice guy
> like you.  But maybe you can help anyway.

I'd love to help, but I don't know the answer.  Send me some e-mail and I'll
put you in contact with someone who knows.

Greg Marriott
Blue Meanie
Apple Computer, Inc.

jln@casbah.acns.nwu.edu (John Norstad) (02/11/91)

Norstad) writes:
> > I know that I can't redistribute this stuff outside the university or
give
> > public demos of it.  But is it OK for me to redistribute it within the
> > university and give demos within the university?
> >
> > I know this is really a question for an Apple lawyer, not for a nice
guy
> > like you.  But maybe you can help anyway.
> >
> I'd love to help, but I don't know the answer.  Send me some e-mail and
I'll
> put you in contact with someone who knows.

Will do.  To all of you of wrote asking me to let you know what I find
out:  I'll post a note here when I learn more.