[comp.sys.mac.programmer] SCCS as a MPW Tool for the Mac

lance@hermix.UUCP (Lance Ellinghouse) (02/11/91)

Does anyone know of SCCS being ported to the Mac
as a set of MPW Tools?

We are looking at using NFS to mount UNIX partitions
and make them available for compiles over UNIX and MPW
at the same time. But to allow this we have to be able
to use a COMMON set of access controls. SCCS is the only
thing that I could think of.

Please E-mail and responses

Thanks,
Lance Ellinghouse

 -----------------------------
|Lance Ellinghouse            |
|Mark V Systems, Ltd.         |
|hermix!lance@anes.ucla.edu   |
 -----------------------------

time@ice.com (02/11/91)

In article <121@hermix.UUCP>, lance@hermix.UUCP (Lance Ellinghouse) writes:
> Does anyone know of SCCS being ported to the Mac
> as a set of MPW Tools?

Isn't SCCS AT&T copyright-ed code?

> We are looking at using NFS to mount UNIX partitions
> and make them available for compiles over UNIX and MPW
> at the same time. But to allow this we have to be able
> to use a COMMON set of access controls. SCCS is the only
> thing that I could think of.

There is RCS, which I believe is PD. However, I also believe both
RCS and SCCS require the ability to "spawn" diff processes, easily
accomplished under UNIX, but prohibitive on the Mac, thus hindering
the port.

tim.

Tim Endres                |  time@ice.com
ICE Engineering           |  uupsi!ice.com!time
8840 Main Street          |  Voice            FAX
Whitmore Lake MI. 48189   |  (313) 449 8288   (313) 449 9208