[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Object Pascal -> C++

lsr@Apple.com (Larry Rosenstein) (02/13/91)

In article <1991Feb8.114742.12554@runx.oz.au>, philipc@runx.oz.au (Philip Craig) writes:

> What? Has anyone else heard this same thing? That seems like a monumental
> amount of work, given that we haven't got a 2.0.1 or anything in C++
> currently. And all this by May? Incredible.

Actually it's quite easy to convert from Object Pascal to C++.  I wrote a
few MPW scripts that does most of the mechanical part of the conversion.
For the interface files, the scripts did about a 85% job of conversion.
For the implementations, the scripts did more like a 50% job.

The scripts simply did mechanical things like converting BEGIN to {, END
to }, ...

Larry