[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Implementing B&W Paint Buckets

mbabramowicz@amherst.bitnet (10/09/90)

SeedCFill provides a really smooth way to implement the MacPaint paint bucket
tool. Unfortunately, it requires Color QuickDraw.
I can't seem to find a comparable non-Color QuickDraw procedure. Am I missing
one?
If not, does anyone out there know the general algorithm for implementing an
efficient paint bucket in good old black and white?

Thanks,

Michael Abramowicz
(MBABRAMOWICZ@AMH)
Amherst College '94

minich@d.cs.okstate.edu (Robert Minich) (10/10/90)

mbabramowicz@amherst.bitnet:
| SeedCFill provides a really smooth way to implement the MacPaint paint bucket
| tool. Unfortunately, it requires Color QuickDraw.
| I can't seem to find a comparable non-Color QuickDraw procedure. Am I missing
| one?
| If not, does anyone out there know the general algorithm for implementing an
| efficient paint bucket in good old black and white?

Try IM IV-24:

	SeedFill(srcPtr, dstPtr: Ptr; srcRow, dstRow, height,
	         words, seedH, seedV : INTEGER);

Did you try looking in the index of vol IV? (I don't have and refuse to
but the xrefs.)
--
|_    /| | Robert Minich            |
|\'o.O'  | Oklahoma State University| A fanatic is one who sticks to

time@ice.com (02/20/91)

In article <10580.271117b8@amherst.bitnet>, mbabramowicz@amherst.bitnet writes:
> SeedCFill provides a really smooth way to implement the MacPaint paint bucket
> tool. Unfortunately, it requires Color QuickDraw.
> I can't seem to find a comparable non-Color QuickDraw procedure. Am I missing
> one?
> If not, does anyone out there know the general algorithm for implementing an
> efficient paint bucket in good old black and white?

If I remember correctly, you can mail to Apple Tech Support and get
the object code to link into your application to do the equivalent
of what is included in CQD.

tim.

Tim Endres                |  time@ice.com
ICE Engineering           |  uupsi!ice.com!time
8840 Main Street          |  Voice            FAX
Whitmore Lake MI. 48189   |  (313) 449 8288   (313) 449 9208

fry@zariski.harvard.edu (David Fry) (02/21/91)

Check IM IV for SeedFill and CalcMask.  The calling procedure
is a little more tricky for these functions than for the color
versions.  For a fuller explanation, see the Q&A Stack
available from Apple.

David Fry                               fry@math.harvard.EDU
Department of Mathematics               fry@huma1.bitnet
Harvard University                      ...!harvard!huma1!fry
Cambridge, MA  02138