[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Need help in parsing PICT files.

franfh@kossy.jhuapl.edu (Francis P. Horan) (02/21/91)

	I would like to decode a PICT file into Quickdraw
function calls.	Any recommendations on where to look for information or
software are appreciated.

		Thanks,
			Fran

kaufman@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Marc T. Kaufman) (02/21/91)

In article <1991Feb20.184317.21376@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu> franfh@kossy.jhuapl.edu.UUCP (Francis P. Horan) writes:

>	I would like to decode a PICT file into Quickdraw
>function calls.	Any recommendations on where to look for information or
>software are appreciated.

The easiest way to do this is to play the PICT into a grafport in which you
have replaced all the [C]QDProcs with your own procedures.  Each QD function
call will then call one of your own procs.  Furthermore, the data will be
unpacked and parsed for you.

Marc Kaufman (Kaufman@Neon.stanford.edu)