[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Diasbled Text

heddle@clas01.cebaf.gov (David Heddle) (02/20/91)

Can anyone tell me how to write text using StringDraw so that it has
the appearance of a disabled menu item (i.e., ghost text). It would
seem that the thing to do is change the PenPat to a light gray pattern.
However, as near as I can tell, changing the PenPat has no effect
on text.

cheers,

dph            CEBAF = Continuous Electron Beam Accelerator Facility

rmh@apple.com (Rick Holzgrafe) (02/22/91)

In article <1991Feb20.150748.20973@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU>
heddle@clas01.cebaf.gov (David Heddle) writes:
> Can anyone tell me how to write text using StringDraw so that it has
> the appearance of a disabled menu item (i.e., ghost text). It would
> seem that the thing to do is change the PenPat to a light gray pattern.
> However, as near as I can tell, changing the PenPat has no effect
> on text.

Right. You have to draw the text as usual, then draw a gray rectangle over
the text, using the transfer mode notPatBic. (IM I-157) I'd recommend the
standard "gray", rather than a light gray. That's what the menus and
buttons use.

Rick Holzgrafe              |    {sun,voder,nsc,mtxinu,dual}!apple!rmh
Software Engineer           | AppleLink HOLZGRAFE1          rmh@apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.        |  "All opinions expressed are mine, and do
20525 Mariani Ave. MS: 3-PK |    not necessarily represent those of my
Cupertino, CA 95014         |        employer, Apple Computer Inc."