[comp.sys.mac.programmer] missing bits of ioFlAttrib field

iron@imag.imag.fr (Francois Menneteau) (02/23/91)

Have the odd bits of the ioFlAttrib a meaning (IM gives only the even ones) ?

How do you know an application is busy (I know if the bit rsrcforkisopen
is set, the application is busy, but is it always true?) ?

Thanks in advance--
Francois Menneteau ()   __|||||__   () "... I had their lives in my hands
================== ()    /O   O\    () their fate their fortune in my visions
iron@imag.fr       ()    - .|. -    () No one believed in my true prophecy
================== ()     \=^=/     () And now it's too late."  (Iron Maiden)

Greg@AppleLink.Apple.Com (Greg Marriott) (02/23/91)

In article <18251@imag.imag.fr>, iron@imag.imag.fr (Francois Menneteau) writes:

> Have the odd bits of the ioFlAttrib a meaning (IM gives only the even ones) ?

I don't know it they do or not, but if they're not documented then you
shouldn't rely on them meaning anything at all.  Undocumented bits, bytes,
words, (or whatever) should always be considered reserved by Apple and
subject to change (without warning).

Greg Marriott
Blue Meanie
Apple Computer, Inc.