[comp.sys.mac.programmer] C Toolbox

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (02/25/91)

In article <NykVX2w163w@shark.cs.fau.edu> jeffb.bbs@shark.cs.fau.edu (Jeffrey Boser) writes:
>has anybody worked on a C version of IM?  It would be nice to see
>all the routines in their C context, as well as discussions.
>It is frustrating to continually translate from Pascal.
>
>I think something like this would enable programmers to start out
>with C, instead of the now preferred Pascal introduction.

If you are already familiar with programming the Mac, then you might
find 411 to be indispensible. This is the MPW help system that comes on
ETO. Just type in the name of the routine you are interested in, press
Cmd-E, and up comes a description of the routine (the same as in Inside
Mac). Or press Cmd-1, and a prototype statement is entered into your
source for you. Both Pascal and C versions are provided, and can be
toggled via a menu item.

Help on technotes, resources, and MPW commands are also provided. MacApp
comes with additional help files that plug right in.

I use 411 all the time, and rarely have to reach for Inside Mac anymore.
The times I do are when I need to see a picture.

INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"Argue for your Apple, and sure enough, it's yours" - Keith Rollin, Contusions