[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Where To Get ResEdit v2.1!!!

spencer@cgrg.ohio-state.edu (Stephen N. Spencer) (02/25/91)

At last, there is a definitive answer to the oft-asked c.s.m.p. question,

	"Where can I get the latest version of ResEdit?"

The answer is...

_ResEdit Complete_, by Peter Alley and Carolyn Strange, a reference manual
and handbook for ResEdit, is now OUT !!!  It contains a disk with ResEdit
and lots of example ResEdit-type code (examples from the book) on it.
The ISBN is 0-201-55075-X.  It's published by Addison-Wesley.  $29.95,
546 pages, one computer disk, paperbound.

Peter Alley is project leader and co-designer of ResEdit v2.1.
Carolyn Strange is a technical writer.

Yes, the book's really out.  I bought it yesterday at a local bookstore.

kenk@tellabs.com (Ken Konecki) (02/27/91)

In article <1433@gertie.osc.edu> spencer@cgrg.ohio-state.edu (Stephen N. Spencer) writes:
>At last, there is a definitive answer to the oft-asked c.s.m.p. question,
>
>	"Where can I get the latest version of ResEdit?"
>
>The answer is...

GEnie. I have gotten lots o' nifty things from Apple on GEnie's Mac
roundtable including Macsbug 6.1, ResEdit 2.1 and System 6.0.7. 'Tain't
free, but it's relatively cheap and it's convenient.

Cheers,
     -Ken K
--
Ken Konecki
"Eat well, stay fit, and die anyway"

dbert@mole.ai.mit.edu (Douglas Siebert) (02/27/91)

In article <5422@tellab5.tellabs.com> kenk@tellabs.com (Ken Konecki) writes:

>GEnie. I have gotten lots o' nifty things from Apple on GEnie's Mac
>roundtable including Macsbug 6.1, ResEdit 2.1 and System 6.0.7. 'Tain't
>free, but it's relatively cheap and it's convenient.

Ah, but if we aren't on GEnie where?  I know apple.com has System 6.0.7, and
I have ResEdit 2.1, but I'd like the latest version of Macsbug (is it 6.1?)
and would like to get a copy of System 6.0.5.  Why oh why won't Apple make
these things available on apple.com as well and make it's user community
just a little bit more happy? :)

Doug Siebert                                     dbert@albert.ai.mit.edu
MBA Student (2nd year)
The University of Iowa