[comp.sys.mac.programmer] bug in the pedestal

a5uy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (02/27/91)

In the sample application Pedestal included with THINK C, there is an override
of CView::DoClick given in CPedestalPane.  This method CPedestalPane::DoClick
never gets called.  I am trying to use Pedestal as a skeleton for my
application; my application has inherited the bug - my DoClick does not work.
I have traced it with the debugger and found that for some reason the override
is ignored so CView::DoClick (which does nothing) gets called whenever the
mouse is clicked.

HELP!!!

Jan Speth                         The strong force is mediated my gluons,
a5uy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu         not to be confused with cyano-acrylate ester,
a5uy@crnlvax5                     which is Krazy Glue.

olson@bootsie.uucp (Eric K. Olson) (02/28/91)

In article <1991Feb26.223231.3046@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> a5uy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:
>In the sample application Pedestal included with THINK C, there is an override
>of CView::DoClick given in CPedestalPane.  This method CPedestalPane::DoClick
>never gets called.  I am trying to use Pedestal as a skeleton for my
>application; my application has inherited the bug - my DoClick does not work.
>I have traced it with the debugger and found that for some reason the override
>is ignored so CView::DoClick (which does nothing) gets called whenever the
>mouse is clicked.

This is because the CPedestalPane is a subclass of CPanorama, which, by
default, has wantsClicks set to FALSE.  Add:

	SetWantsClicks(TRUE);

after the CPanorama::IPanorama() call in CPedestalPane::IPedestalPane.

-Eric

--
Eric K. Olson, Editor, Prepare()      NOTE:     olson@bootsie.uucp doesn't work
Lexington Software Design             Internet: olson@endor.harvard.edu