[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Will System 7.0 be on d e v e l o p CD?

gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (opcode ranger) (03/02/91)

On the  d e v e l o p  CD's which I've received up until now there have been
full copies of the current System Software release (for all countries, no less!

Anyway, I'm curious whether System 7.0 will be included on the  d e v e l o p
CD.  If not, why not?

Since System 7 may cost from $50-100 dollars, and since one could save that
money if one were to get it in one's regular CD subscription, one could put
that money towards the new Apple CD ROM reader debuting in June (I used a
friend's reader to look at the  d e v e l o p  disk).

Robert

= gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu * generic disclaimer: * "It's more fun to =
=            		         * all my opinions are *  compute"         =
=                                * mine                *  -Kraftwerk       =

macman@bernina.ethz.ch (Danny Schwendener) (03/03/91)

In article <1991Mar1.164555> gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:
>Anyway, I'm curious whether System 7.0 will be included on the  d e v e l o p
>CD.  If not, why not?

There is no reason why it shouldn't. This is system software, and as
such it will be handled like all previous system software releases.
Among others, you will find it on all CD's containing the Developer
Essentials folder (this includes E.T.O. the 'develop' CD, the Developer
CD series and the individual APDA CD's like MacApp, etc.). Mind you that
this will happen only after System 7.0 final is out and released to the
public.

Danny Schwendener          (macman@apple.com)
Apple Developer Technical Support Switzerland

DISCLAIMER: These are my very own opinions. Leave my employer alone.