[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MacApp C++ Demo Program

eades@softcore.Eng.Sun.COM (Mark Eades) (03/01/91)

I've just started using MacApp with C++ and while trying to build the
Nothing demo program I got the following:

***MPW Shell - Execution of HD:...:MPW:Interfaces:CIncludes:Quickdraw.h;
line 428 # internal << Cfront....>> error free store exausted

Line 428 has to do with the ports pixel map and I don't know what that
has to do with free store.  The Object Pascal version builds fine.
Any ideas?

Mark Eades

anders@verity.com (Anders Wallgren) (03/01/91)

You've just run out of memory while compiling, that's all.  Either
increase the MultiFinder partition size of the MPW Shell, or enable
the CFront -mf option to allow it to take use MultiFinder memory.

anders

pathak@mbunix.mitre.org (Pathak) (03/01/91)

In article <8886@exodus.Eng.Sun.COM> eades@softcore.Eng.Sun.COM (Mark Eades) writes:
>I've just started using MacApp with C++ and while trying to build the
>Nothing demo program I got the following:
>
>***MPW Shell - Execution of HD:...:MPW:Interfaces:CIncludes:Quickdraw.h;
>line 428 # internal << Cfront....>> error free store exausted

Mark,

Your problem is the MPW is running out of memory.  You have two options:

1) Increase the memory allocated to MPW

2) Use the -mf flag with mabuild....
	e.g. mabuild Nothing -C -mf -CPlus -mf -Link -mf

Either one should solve your problem.

Heeren Pathak                                         Mitre Corp
pathak@mitre.org                                      Burlington Road
(617) 271-2988                                        Bedford, MA 01730
My opinions, not Mitre's.

ksand@Apple.COM (Kent Sandvik) (03/02/91)

In article <1991Mar1.134704.27172@linus.mitre.org> pathak@mbunix.mitre.org (Pathak) writes:
>In article <8886@exodus.Eng.Sun.COM> eades@softcore.Eng.Sun.COM (Mark Eades) writes:
>>I've just started using MacApp with C++ and while trying to build the
>>Nothing demo program I got the following:
>>
>>***MPW Shell - Execution of HD:...:MPW:Interfaces:CIncludes:Quickdraw.h;
>>line 428 # internal << Cfront....>> error free store exausted
>>

>Mark,
>
>Your problem is the MPW is running out of memory.  You have two options:
>
>1) Increase the memory allocated to MPW
>
>2) Use the -mf flag with mabuild....
>	e.g. mabuild Nothing -C -mf -CPlus -mf -Link -mf
>
>Either one should solve your problem.

The Startup file under {MacApp} contains a varibale called MABuildDefaults
where you could add flags for various MPW tools - in the case of CPlus
and Link one could add the very, very useful -mf option as always on.

regards,
Kent

--
Kent Sandvik, Apple Computer Inc, Developer Technical Support
NET:ksand@apple.com, AppleLink: KSAND  DISCLAIMER: Private mumbo-jumbo

jspencer@p510.f22.n282.z1.mmug.edgar.mn.org (Jim Spencer) (03/03/91)

Mark Eades writes in a message to All

ME> I've just started using MacApp with C++ and while trying to build
ME> the Nothing demo program I got the following:
ME> ***MPW Shell - Execution of HD:...:MPW:Interfaces:CIncludes:Quickdraw.h;
line 428 # internal << Cfront....>> error free store exausted
ME>  Line 428 has to do with the ports pixel map and I don't know
ME> what that has to do with free store. The Object Pascal version
ME> builds fine. Any ideas?

C++ and MacApp need gobs of memory.  If you are running under Multifinder you can up MPW's partition.  Alternatively, if you are using one of the versions of MPW 3.2, you can pass the -mf parameter which will tell both CPlus and the Linker to use some of Multifinder's store.

--

                   Jim Spencer (jspencer@mmug.edgar.mn.org)
[Do not use the @p510.f22.n282.z1.mmug.edgar.mn.org to reply - bounces mail]