[comp.sys.mac.programmer] C++ Toolbox

Invader@cup.portal.com (Michael K Donegan) (02/28/91)

How about a C++ version of the interfaces that uses references
instead of pointers.  Anybody done that?
	mkd

marc@Apple.COM (Mark Dawson) (03/05/91)

In article <39641@cup.portal.com> Invader@cup.portal.com (Michael K Donegan) writes:
>How about a C++ version of the interfaces that uses references
>instead of pointers.  Anybody done that?
>	mkd
The MacApp 3.0 product that was demoed at the MacApp conference (in Feb) showed
just that, AND C++ class definitions of common Pascal structures like Str255
and rect that are toolbox compatible.  You'll be able to pass them as
normal Str255's), and additionally be able to do things like:
Str255 x = "hello world" /* C string */ + "\pHello World"; // pascal string.

The alpha was scheduled to be available (I believe) on ETO #3 and the first
beta on ETO #4.

Mark

--
Mark Dawson                Service Diagnostic Engineering

Apple says what it says; I say what I say.  We're different