[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Developing applications in MacScheme

kiran@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (Kiran Wagle) (03/05/91)

converse@cs.uchicago.edu (timoshenko) writes:

>	I've used MacIntosh Allegro Common Lisp a fair amount, and
>have been quite impressed -- fast implementation, nice programming
>environment.

>	I've seen publicity on the net for MacIntosh Common Lisp v.
>2.0B1 (the successor to Allegro CL), which emphasizes even more than
>previous PR the virtues of their program as a development environment
>for stand-alone Mac applications.

>	So my question is: has anyone out there actually written
>commercial or semi-commercial applications using Mac Allegro Cl?
>I'd be interested in any war stories from such efforts, either by
>email or posted if it seems of general interest.

>	Thanks,
>		Tim Converse

>P.S.  I'm _not_ particularly interested in starting a "which language
>is better?" flame war, so responses of the form "I've never programmed
>in Lisp, but why not just use <lower-level language> 'cause it can do
>everything Lisp can do and faster too!" are discouraged.

I'd like to ask the same questions about MacScheme + Toolsmith...
--
	...kiran
		__________kiran@copper.ucs.indiana.edu________(812) 331-1710

From the corrections column in a July Fresno, CA _Bee_:
"An item in Thursday's [issue] about the Massachusetts budget crisis
made reference to new taxes that will help put Massachusetts 'back in
the African-American.' The item should have said 'back in the black.'"