[comp.sys.mac.programmer] fonts in picts

GHGAQA0@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be (Karl Pottie) (02/18/91)

Are fonts in PICTS stored with their font name or number ?
I guess they are storedwith their number, because I don't seem to be
able to transport some picts from one mac to another without messing up
the fonts.

Karl

nerm@Apple.COM (Dean Yu) (03/06/91)

In article <252.27D2EF21@busker.fidonet.org> Karl.Pottie@f20.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Karl Pottie) writes:

>Are fonts in PICTS stored with their font name or number ?
>I guess they are storedwith their number, because I don't seem to be
>able to transport some picts from one mac to another without messing up
>the fonts.

  The timing of some of these articles are just amazing.  I've been here for
the past several hours knocking the Pict.r file into shape to reflect some
of the new opcodes in System 7.  Anyway, under 7.0, fonts can be stored by
their names in PICTs.

  -- Dean Yu
     Bluer Meanie, Negative Ethnic Role Model, etc.
     Apple Computer, Inc.
     My opinions, and so on and so forth...