[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Bug Report

butenko@bob.srcc.msu.su (Vladimir A. Butenko) (02/19/91)

Hi everybody!

Since some of you told me that I should post info about discovered system bugs
(after confirmation from Apple), there is the second one (the first was about
OpenATPSocket):

Form my mail to Apple:
>Second: It seems to me that I've detected a bug in the List Manager. If you
>perform LAddRow operation with the list which resides in an inactive window,
>the scrollBar hilitings disappear, so if you select this window, the
>scrollBars will appear, but they will be inactive.
>I thought that the sample program can help, so there is the source:

The source is rather big, so I've deleted it - if it's interesting, I can e-mail.

>From DTS answer:
>I am still trying to track down the root of the problem concerning the list
>manager. Thanks for including your sample code, it was very helpful in
>duplicating the problem. I will try to resolve this in the next day or two as
>well.
>Gordon Sheridan

Some days later he answered: there is an error in the ListManager, so ...
hilite controls yourself in such situations (sorry, I've deleted his second reply,
since it wasn't the main question in my request).

Good luck, hack, ...!
--
Vladimir A. Butenko             Internet:       <Butenko@bob.srcc.msu.su>
Gamma Software,                 Phone:          7(095)939-2618

butenko@bob.srcc.msu.su (Vladimir A. Butenko) (03/13/91)

Hi everybody!

As I promised, I'm sending the next bug confirmed by Apple:
 =====================
 To: MACDTS@AppleLink.Apple.com

 Sorry,  I have to report one more bug (I think).
 This is a very simple one, so I don't include an example this time.

 Subect:    TextEdit ROUTINE TextBox

 Condition: There  is  a  simple  "optimization"  in TextBox routine, I
            think.  When the routine sees that the text can be drawn in
            one  line, it draws the text with DrawText routine, without
            creating a TextEdit record.

 Problem:   everything is  O.K.  while  the  box is tall enough. If the
            Box  height is less then the font height, the text is drawn
            below  the Box (TextBox doesn't create TextEdit record, and
            doesn't clip the port to the Box itself).

 Am I right ?
 =======================
 Subject: RE-Bug Report
 To: BUTENKO@TWIN.SRCC.MSU.SU
 From: MACDTS@AppleLink.Apple.COM (Macintosh Developer Tech Supt)
 Date: 12 Mar 91 17:46 GMT

 Hello Vladimir,

Thank you for sending us the bug report on the TextBox routine. I verified that
it is indeed a problem, and sent it to our Bug Reporting Center. The best work
around for now is to call ClipRect yourself before calling TextBox, as I'm sure
you have already discovered.

Best Wishes for your continued success,

Gordon Sheridan

I hope it will help somebody somewhere some day...