[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Serial Driver

cs_james@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (04/24/89)

with a modem through the serial port?  Does anyone know WHY the modem will
receive and echo characters correctly, but refuse to respond to them (when
off-line).  I.E., "AT<cr>" does not say "OK".
   -James-

BRBOYER%MTUS5.BITNET (Bradley R. Boyer) (03/14/91)

   Hello...  I am interested in any ASSEMBLY CODE available for a simple
terminal program.  Any COMM port coding suggestions more than welcome.  I'll
send finished code (much more than simple terminal) to any one who helps out.

   Thanks in advance, Brad

  Bradley R. Boyer              PPPPPPPP  KK    KK   TTTTTT    Phi Kappa Theta
                                   PP     KK   KK   TTTTTTTT  Michigan Chi Rho
  BRBOYER@mtus5.cts.mtu.edu        PP     KK  KK    TT    TT
  BRBOYER%MTUS5.BITNET            PPPP    KK KK     TT   TTT
                                 PP  PP   KKKK      TT TT TT
 -----------------------------    PPPP    KK KK     TTT   TT
 |"How could it have been me?|     PP     KK  KK    TT    TT          Michigan
 -----------------------------  PPPPPPPP  KK    KK   TTTTTT         University

------ Posted using NetFeed, THE Macintosh <====> UseNet Interface Program ----

mandel@vax.anes.tulane.edu (Jeff E Mandel MD MS) (03/14/91)

 In article <031391.155719BRBOYER%MTUS5.BITNET>, BRBOYER%MTUS5.BITNET (Bradley R. Boyer) writes:

>   Hello...  I am interested in any ASSEMBLY CODE available for a simple
>terminal program.  Any COMM port coding suggestions more than welcome.  I'll
>send finished code (much more than simple terminal) to any one who helps out.

Is there some reason you don't want to use Comm Toolbox?
Having written serial IO in assembly, I can tell you life's too short to do
this sort of stuff if you don't have to. Do yourself and everyone else a favor
and write a better display tool or such.

Jeff E Mandel MD MS
Asst. Professor of Anesthesiology
Tulane University School of Medicine
New Orleans, LA