[comp.sys.mac.programmer] When will MacApp 3.0 be available

gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (opcode ranger) (03/14/91)

MacApp 3.0 was announced at the MADA conference a few weeks ago, right? Is
there any info as to when 3.0 will be available thru ADPA?  I'm thinking of
purchasing MacApp any day now, but having seen the $120 upgrade fee from 2.0b9
to 2.0 (almost 1/2 the new cost!), I am leery about buying 2.0 if 3.0 is coming
out soon.

Please respond soon!  Thanks!

Robert

= gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu * generic disclaimer: * "It's more fun to =
=            		         * all my opinions are *  compute"         =
=                                * mine                *  -Kraftwerk       =

ml27192@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Mark Lanett) (03/15/91)

gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (opcode ranger) writes:

>MacApp 3.0 was announced at the MADA conference a few weeks ago, right? Is
>there any info as to when 3.0 will be available thru ADPA?  I'm thinking of
>purchasing MacApp any day now, but having seen the $120 upgrade fee from 2.0b9
>to 2.0 (almost 1/2 the new cost!), I am leery about buying 2.0 if 3.0 is coming
>out soon.

>Please respond soon!  Thanks!

>Robert

If I remember correctly, rumor had it that ETO 3 would see a beta version but
the final wouldn't be around till fourth Q. The bigger question is whether the
Object Pascal retrogrades will succeed in yanking it back from C++.

Mark Lanett						ml27192@uxa.cs.uiuc.edu