[comp.sys.mac.programmer] ResEdit 2.1/MultiFinder 7.0bx Bug?

boerned@mist.CS.ORST.EDU (Dan Boerner) (03/19/91)

I have come across what seems to be an incompatibility between ResEdit 2.1 and
any version of MultiFinder with the "Hide Layers" feature.  It affects the
BitMap editors in the following way:

When the current foreground or background color is changed, the pattern
palette does not change color to match.  In other words if I choose purple
as my new foreground color the pattern palette *should* change so that all the
black dots are now purple dots.  Under MF 6.0b9, MF 7.0b1 and MF 7.0b4 this
does *not* happen.  The pattern palette never changes color although it does
update and redraw after each foreground or background color change.

This bug means that you cannot use the bucket to fill a bitmap region with
any color but black.  I have noticed this bug for some time now but always
assumed it was known about.  It affects versions 2.1b3 and 2.1b5 (I know I'm
not supposed to have b5 but just think of the free testing I'm providing :-)

Although I don't have much experience with the Palette manager, my guess would
be that a request to change the current palette is being denied by MF.

Have any others experienced this problem?  Or are my eyes just going? :)

----
Dan Boerner
Master's Student @ Oregon State University
boerned@mist.cs.orst.edu       "Playing with MacApp and Building Blocks"

Greg@AppleLink.Apple.Com (Greg Marriott) (03/19/91)

In article <1991Mar18.224653.25966@lynx.CS.ORST.EDU>, boerned@mist.CS.ORST.EDU (Dan Boerner) writes:

> I have come across what seems to be an incompatibility between ResEdit 2.1 and
> any version of MultiFinder with the "Hide Layers" feature...
>  The pattern palette never changes color although it does
> update and redraw after each foreground or background color change.
> It affects versions 2.1b3 and 2.1b5

This was a bug in beta versions of ResEdit 2.1.  It's fixed in 2.1 final.

Greg Marriott
Blue Meanie
Apple Computer, Inc.