[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Mac vs. A/UX floppies

MacUserLabs@cup.portal.com (Stephan - Somogyi) (03/21/91)

d88-jwa@byse.nada.kth.se (Jon W{tte) writes

>What _I_ want is an utility that runs under MacOS that reads/writes
>tar floppies (or cpio, or just plan _files_) to be used from A/UX.

I don't understand why you want this. A/UX 2.0.x reads Mac floppies
just fine. I am able to copy unix files onto such a floppy and read
them on a Mac. Or am I missing something here?

Stephan
Stephan Somogyi      1/8 of the world's population, 2/3 of the lawyers
MacUser

d88-jwa@byse.nada.kth.se (Jon W{tte) (03/21/91)

In article <> MacUserLabs@cup.portal.com (Stephan - Somogyi) writes:

      tar floppies (or cpio, or just plan _files_) to be used from A/UX.

   I don't understand why you want this. A/UX 2.0.x reads Mac floppies
   just fine. I am able to copy unix files onto such a floppy and read
   them on a Mac. Or am I missing something here?

Yes, you don't account for my un-grasp of your language :-)

What I meant was that cpio -> disk from A/UX to MacOS would be
nice (if you could read it back...) The other way would gain too,
since you wouldn't have to worry about changing creators to
avoid corruption of compressed files. Archival of larger-than-a-
disk files would be snappier too.

And you wouldn't have to go through finder or fire up the mac
envmt. :-)

Happy hacking,

						h+@nada.kth.se
						Jon W{tte
--
"The IM-IV file manager chapter documents zillions of calls, all of which
seem to do almost the same thing and none of which seem to do what I want